Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Motto to live by, or hog wash

This post is in response to Texas Politics blog Illegal Immigrants, Good or Bad for Texas. I liked the blog, I actually learned something from it. It raises many questions though. Like, if we were able to make money from them off of property tax and state revenue, how much more could of been made if they paid their federal taxes (Texas gets money back for the Government for this too.) What about the companies who employ them, how much money was the state out of because of this? The unemployment fee paid for them? Another question to ask is, how much are we spending on guarding the so called border? The immigration problem faced, is not only in Texas, it's a burden carried by all who pay taxes. Be it through the money problem or the fact that our families a Mom , Dad, Son, Daughter, Brother, Sister, Nephew, Uncle, or whom ever it is down on our borders everyday taking risks, the ultimate risk, to guard it. These precious lives should not be forgotten when speaking of our immigration problem. I personally do not understand why we just do not open our boarders and paper everyone coming through We would be able to collect the taxes from them and keep track of them. On the flip side, I honestly think that People need to stop and think for a moment when they speak of what they call Illegal's. I do believe that the motto on our Statue of Liberty tells it all,"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." by Emma Lazarus." If we want to stop illegal's we need to get rid of her first thing. I am positive, as a US citizen we should live up to what we preach. If this is ending up more like an editorial or commentary of my own I am truly sorry. I did not mean to go this far. In a nut shell I liked his blog and agree with it. Power to the thinkers of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment